MONTEREY, Calif., Aug. 1, 2018 /PRNewswire/ — Excelligence Learning Corporation, a leader in the childhood education industry, announced its acquisition of LifeCubby, the recognized leader in early childhood education childcare center management and family engagement software. Early childcare center operators, educators and families across four continents utilize LifeCubby’s easy-to-use, innovative and interactive platform to improve the management and documentation of child learning assessments; increase center security through digital check-in/check-out; automate billing and payments; and provide families with peace-of-mind by staying connected with their child’s development throughout the day via video, photo and written updates.
“Our acquisition of LifeCubby will allow our over 100,000 early childhood center customers to implement advanced end-to-end childcare center software that improves the education of our future generation during their most important learning years,” commented Dipak Golechha, CEO of Excelligence Learning Corp.
LifeCubby is the only company of its kind created and led by an early childhood center educator. The company was founded in the summer of 2011 by Sue Testaguzza, who owned three large child care centers in the Columbus, Ohioarea. Sue is also a former validator for the National Association for the Education of Young Children (NAEYC). “I’m excited to become part of the Excelligence family. Together we can facilitate a significant positive outcome in improving the education of millions of young children through better teacher and family engagement,” stated Sue Testaguzza, founder of LifeCubby. Sue will remain with the company as President.
Each day, LifeCubby is used by thousands of early childhood classrooms worldwide for:
- Progress & Assessments: LifeCubby’s detailed assessments and observation tools help teachers improve reporting and save time with intentional, customized Lesson Planning. Student Portfolios are organized and easy for teachers to maintain using tablets or iPads.
- Lesson Plans & Calendars: LifeCubby keeps parents and guardians, and teachers up-to-date on future learning and school activities using LifeCubby’s Calendar and Lesson Planner. Events can have auto-repeats, and lesson activities can be tagged for Learning Domains to show how a learning activity specifically supports a child’s development.
- Meal Tracking & CACFP: Teachers log breakfast, lunches, snacks, baby food and bottles for those parents and guardians using LifeCubby – and it’s all tallied for the center’s required CACFP reporting; saving teachers significant administrative time.
- Photo & Video Sharing: Teachers capture all the learning moments for parents and guardians, and tag Learning Domains for evidentiary linking. Parents and guardians love seeing photos and video from school through the day, and Teachers love keeping families highly engaged in the child’s development.
- Family Communication: LifeCubby replaces paper notes with live digital messaging. Daily Sheets are a snap with group tagging – quicker than paper and pen. LifeCubby also includes required forms, such as Incident Reports and Attendance.
- Billing & Payments: Centers save time and money by managing student Tuition Logs with automated recurring billing. Payments can be processed by ACH or credit card with the lowest fees in the industry, and the LifeCubby Family App offers a quick and easy way for families to check the balance of their tuition account.
LifeCubby’s advanced and highly-secure cloud-based technical platform was incubated at The Ohio State University’sinnovation incubator, one of the leading tech centers in the world. Its multi-device platform allows users to access the system from their device of choice. “Teachers and families are able to engage from tablets, smartphones (iOS and Android), personal computers, and Kindles (for teachers); plus its innovative use of voice and video makes LifeCubby incredibly easy to use,” said Tim O’Connor, SVP Marketing of Excelligence.
Founded in 2011, LifeCubby (www.lifecubby.me) provides a comprehensive and easy-to-use set of child care management software tools that bring efficiency and functionality to the childcare center. As the only product of its kind created and led by an early childhood center owner, LifeCubby is uniquely positioned to give teachers and families a feature set and user interface built specifically for their needs and preferences. Teachers use LifeCubby for such activities as: Progress and Assessment, Lesson Plans and Calendars, Meal Tracking and CACFP, Photo and Video Sharing, Family Communications, and Billing and Payments. Visit www.lifecubby.me to learn more.
About Excelligence Learning Corporation
Excelligence Learning Corporation (www.excelligence.com) is a leading developer, manufacturer, distributor, and multi-channel retailer of over 20,000 innovative, high-quality and grade-appropriate educational products and teaching solutions, which are sold primarily to early childhood learning centers, elementary schools, PTAs, and consumers. The company has three core divisions: Supplies (Discount School Supply, Really Good Stuff, and Steve Spangler Science), Equipment (Children’s Factory, Angeles, Steffy Wood Products and Learning Carpets), and Services (Educational Products, Inc., ChildCare Education Institute, Frog Street Press, and LifeCubby). With over 30 years of experience serving children, educators and parents, Excelligence’s diversified portfolio of leading brands delivers quality, innovation, service and value on a global scale. Leading proprietary brands include: Colorations®, BioColor®, Excellerations®, MyPerfectClassroom®, Environments®, Steve Spangler Science™, and LifeCubby™.
Read the full announcement: